THE ESSENCE OF DISCIPLESHIP
1. God will win all my battles but I must cooperate in the endeavor. But how?
2. By indifference to all attacks from Satan and the world from the outside and from within (flesh) which produce:
- Fear of rejection and persecution
- Trying to anticipate what the future holds for me
- Attempting to flee my crosses.
3. How to cultivate indifference?
· Practicing the essence of discipleship: Yes to God’s will with annihilation of my will and offering up the pain of doing so for the salvation of others, the Church, etc.
· Daily communion with the Eucharistic Jesus
· Constant prayer during the day as needed and remembered.
· Rosaries to engage my Mother in helping me, as I ask her with each Hail Mary to pray for me.
· A permanent refusal to flee God’s plan and therefore and to let every present moment be whatever and thank God for it.
· Refusal to dwell on the crosses themselves (pros and cons) or refuse to make sense of the crosses, present and perceived to come. To remember that many a time, my crosses may look like a scandal to others.
· To remember that suffering (crosses) is the best soil for my faith to grow, since suffering serves as a purifier or detoxifier of my soul from fears. Lack of fear, at the end, makes my faith grow, or it becomes TRUST in God’s mercy.
· I must turn off the switch of human understanding and logic of things happening. Many of my crosses or calls are totally illogical and Abraham and Moses could agree with me. I must seek to know the least so that I can do the most agreeable to God according to what the Holy Spirit leads me to know and do.
· I must seek silence within to all that challenges my peace and joy with a constant attitude of servanthood, as Our Lady did because God knows it all and I am just a servant who wants to obey Him at all cost.
· I must give to God all that disturbs me and ask for His mercy many times a day.
· I must understand that I must only know one thing for sure: that I am an image of God redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb, wearing three hats: prophetess, priestess and queen, all received at my Baptism, in order to pursuit my salvation and that of many others. I must understand that these gifts were given to me along with the other Sacraments and His Holy Spirit so that I grow in my profession of discipleship with the summary of steps given above.
· I must remember every day, that I am called to be holy and given all the help needed by grace and signs and wonders.