I offer this blog to give glory to the Spirit of God and as I honor His spouse, Our Lady under the particular title of “Our Lady Help of Christians.” It so happens that this whole message will deal with her as a powerful helper… You shall see!
Since I wrote the last blog in April, more evil came to roost in our land, and as never before in regards to family values and definition of marriage. There are days when I ask myself, “If evil is so rampant, how organized are we to oppose it?” What can we do differently? I started looking for answers. There is no question that what is happening in our world that is negative, and I do not even want to make a list of them because we all know what is going on, has a definite satanic imprint. I mentioned last month how Our Lady had been a focal point in the Pontificate of Blessed John Paul II. This future saint did deal with the evil of his time, Nazism and Communism, and he was also a great evangelist. He traveled much and at times under great suffering in his body.
Soon after my question to God as to why so much evil in the world at large, I thought of how urgent it is to deal with it. In months past, I wrote a “page” titled “Satan, the Cross and our power to bind it.” I enumerated the action of Satan through the centuries all the way to our times. Biblically, Satan is one of the most important characters, and in this “page” I went through many Scripture verses where we find him doing something that is against obedience to the will of God. I mentioned our crosses and how if we embrace them in our own lives, they are key to keep him at bay or at a distance, yet not tied up…! This “page” probably represents part I on this subject. Here is part II, although please remember that this is given to me for my own formation, and it may not apply to you. However, part of the deal of receiving this Pastoral care from the Holy Spirit, entails that I share it. Please check with the Holy Spirit to personalize this story according to your spiritual needs..
I have received more details on how to deal with Satan, and instead of keeping him away, this time I ended up with a way to “tie” him up as our Blessed John Paul II did dealing with the Iron Curtain. I have read many times about our power over Satan, but I discovered that I never truly paid attention and truly believed that it is possible for me to deal with the demonic as never before in my life. It is then that Our Lady came up as a very powerful agent against Satan, and yes, it makes sense in the case of JPII. While looking into it, I realized that even that it is hard to accept it, our Catholic Church is bound by Satan in many aspects as it should be expected. If Satan has been so busy through the entire history of Judeo-Christian existence, why shouldn’t he be as busy now and more? If he tempted the High Priest Jesus, should we expect him not to do the same with the ministerial Priesthood?
So, I suddenly understood that we are the ones who are not paying attention and have not built a solid attack on this evil spirit. I suspect that he has done a great job at confusing us by not giving him the attention he deserves… And suddenly, the New Evangelization came up and of course, the Holy Spirit as in the times of Acts in the first Century and through the history of the Church is the AGENT Who transforms souls. This is clear and basic… Yet, we never think of Satan being around trying to undo what the Spirit of God does… In fact, I am not a theologian nor know in detail what it is being discussed at the highest levels in our Church regarding the New Evangelization, and perhaps my female intuition brings this point to me, or the Holy Spirit as well, but I wonder if in the agenda to proceed with a formidable “new” evangelization of the Christian world, the subject of Satan opposing it is considered at all!
Here are a few examples that hint to me how little we consider Satan as a formidable opponent to our own spirituality and of the rest of our Church
1. We keep doing what the world does: write and write books about what it is wrong in the U.S. and in the Church and in families and bringing a few hints as to how to be prepared, how to pray, how to deal with all of this mess!!! O.K.: whether we like it or not, our brains have been wired automatically to do exactly that by the “social media.” Satan is mentioned in these books sometimes, yet in a general sense and mostly everyone wants to bring some ideas to the table in hopes to help others, but truly zero plans to deal with the evil spirits in our days or better said, how to tie up the devil once and for all. It is interesting that in the Scriptures, we read so many stories of Jesus freeing people from demons. Do we talk about it except for hearing about the very few cases that the assigned priest in a Diocese participates in, liberating a few souls from frank demonic possession?
2. We can have thousands of commentaries on the Bible and Bible studies but our times demand that we know the Bible BUT in order to do what it says… I would say that Satan loves to keep us busy doing “good things” but never truly turning around and finding out where each of us is in our salvation journey, and start our self “new evangelization” right from our pew in our parish. We can have a constant repetition of what is wrong and many trying to make a point or two for the solution, but we hardly hear people (especially in the pews, those Catholics that are faithful) telling their own stories as to how the Word of God led them to change and how they are advancing in their relationship with Christ. Much less we talk about Satan in our lives.
3. We have multiplied the many parish “apostolates” and we seem to grow but very slowly. Yes, we add members but year after year, I suspect Satan works side by side tempting many to just keep doing a few things, and not seeing truly huge progress. And I am fortunate to be in a medium size parish but vibrant, beautiful and right in the State of California! I wonder what is going elsewhere. Ever since I came to this parish almost four years ago, I say a Rosary for many, and my parish is in the list in the first mystery of the respective day. At least I can say that I have called my Mother to intercede for our parish which carries her name!!!
4. One more example: with 30 years of EWTN phenomenal programming and live and encore Masses with hundreds of homilies, we should have much more than 23% of Catholics attending Sunday Mass. Of course, it is obvious that we would be much worse without this extraordinary proclamation of the Gospel, story of the Saints, history of the Church, etc, but at the same time, we have to accept that there is something missing… Secularism continues to be rampant… This last statement can be hard to consider but as a scientist who is trained to look for a diagnosis in patients, whatever we are doing needs to be reviewed, revamped and ASAP.
I finally understood that as a Church, we have not truly sat down in each community or parish and plan how to tie up the evil one. Satan is a subject that we hardly want to discuss…! But why? That is what I asked the Lord, “Why?” And He answered and through these last weeks, I received a beautiful and clear demonstration of what is it that we are not doing… Of course, here I am going to turn to my personal life and see what is it that I am not doing?
1. I have failed often to think of Satan and plan a regular counter attack, even that the Scriptures are full of his presence and this means that he is going to be near me more often than not… Well, in my case, he comes regularly in the form of oppression that suddenly disappears, especially when treated with the Truth of God’s Word. My oppression symptoms are all related to running away from doing the will of God as I feel the Spirit is guiding me. Writing of these blogs during the oppression becomes a horrible nightmare. What I am called to do in the future, whether it happens or not, becomes also a nightmare. I become fearful, divided and doubtful and choose to believe that I am crazy… Here let me share what happened on April 30 as told to a friend.
“I was a little disturbed… I am a total stranger in my own Church, and try so hard to stay away from people (this because of persecution in a previous parish and most likely all orchestrated by the evil one.) On this particular day I had engaged in a long conversation that was not planned. In the afternoon I started aching even more and said to my Lord, "This idea of my going to personally witness Your Eucharistic Presence is simply crazy… How am I going to survive the crowds that will not understand me and in some cases coming to convince me that I need to belong to X ministries like this morning… and never getting the fact that I only have to pray and obey, and let the Holy Spirit work in me so that I belong only when called to a particular apostolate?” I felt so frustrated and He came and said,
1) "So, when Abraham was ordered to go and live far away, was that crazy? (I said, ‘Hmm, without Abraham many of us would have not thought of faith like he had, but it truly sounds a little crazy’)
2) "When old Abraham and Sarah were told they were going to be parents, was that crazy? (I said, “A little!” and of course my medical training was making the judgment)
3) "When Moses was told to take the whole population of Israelites in Egypt back to the Promised Land, was that crazy? (I said, “A little crazy!”) I immediately remembered that this exodus was planned before Moses was born; therefore, Moses was planted in Pharaoh’s Court precisely to be heard when he asked to be let go with his people..
4) "When I came as a baby, a child dependent completely on others, and was born on a manger, was that crazy? I could have come as an adult…” (“Lord, that was super crazy!”)
5) "When I had to preach for three years and many persecuted Me to the point of condemning Me, was that crazy?
6) "When I died on a cross, was that crazy? I could have simple evanesced as I did other times and disappear from this earth!"
7) “So it is when you have to do the will of your Father in heaven… There are times that you act crazily.”
I then trembled! Of course, many will never "see" or "understand" what some of us are called to do… A crazy move? Well, no… It is simply the will of God for some of us and we will be swimming against the current, but all along, God is above, behind, in front and within us, and the rest is nothing. I understood that I have to continue to be alert at Satan using even good people to make me despair… They are good but Satan can be very wise and conniving, devious, scheming serpent…and not different than in the story of Genesis…
2. I must understand clearly on a daily basis how to contain the evil one, which means that I must use the wisdom of the Church to find those methods and call the Holy Ghost to guide me. Yet, I do not do it as often…I know the Scripture regarding this battle but have not even attempted to memorize it…
Battle against Evil.
Ephesians 6: 10- 18a. “Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from His mighty power. Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil. For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens. Therefore, put on the armor of God that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground. So stand fast with your loins girded in Truth, clothed with righteousness as a breast plate, and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace. In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. With all prayer and supplication, pray at every opportunity in the Spirit. (Wow… what a program!)
Therefore, I must proceed to do whatever God has planned to keep Satan in a closet. I cannot stay understanding all these things and do nothing about it!
3. Besides, I must live a righteous life (as my breast plate) and no matter what, where prayer, perfect obedience to the will of God which is the best form to love Him plus embracing the daily crosses, are crucial in this fight against evil, and also loving my neighbor BUT determined to do so at every opportunity. Do I think of doing it to help me dealing with Satan? Well, not exactly.
4. I must be alert to what is going on everywhere… and identify what seems to be Satanic but without spending much time about the pros and cons. Therefore, instead of wasting time in analyzing what is happening, I must simply comply with whatever plan God has to tie Satan up and do it with great faithfulness. The rest will be in God’s hands.
Matthew 24: 36-44. In verse 43 He said, “Be sure of this: if the master of the house had known the hour of the night when the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and not let his home be broken.”
5. I must truly accept that God’s plan will work 100% of the time because He wins all our battles as written in these blogs many times before. On Wednesday, April 25 and while saying the Rosary with Mother Angelica, my Mother Mary seemed to say this: “Yes, it will be a cross to go and work for the Kingdom of God, but it is the most important thing that you can do. Do not be afraid or anxious. Go to this page in the Bible: 1139.” Actually, I was saying the Rosary but my heart was worried… Probably Satan tempting me to wonder how can I help out in these times of so much conflict and violence? I finished the Rosary and checked the Bible:
Psalm 115: 1-3. “Not to us, Lord, not to us, but to Your Name give glory, because of Your faithfulness and love. Why should the nations say, ‘Where is their God?’ Our God is in heaven. Whatever God wills is done.”
It certainly gave me so much hope and trust that no matter what others say, He is with me and whatever He wills, will be done. My work is to believe so and act as a true servant… so that He can use me, and certainly being aware of Satan and how to control him, will help me to accomplish whatever He tells me. And of course, He made it possible for me to receive proof of how can be done (more on it later). I, therefore, must pray day and night that I really believe His Word regarding how He won the battles of all enemies of His children. I must quit any fear or worry as to how this is to be done. On this same day, Dr. Oz’s program had a demonic show… They discussed a brand new book and will not mention the name… but it was pornography at its best on how enhance sexual pleasure. I thanked God for preparing me before I saw this program… I cannot be afraid of Satan showing up in these programs at 11 AM, 12 Noon and 4 PM… because God is in charge…
Mathew 10: 27-28; 30-31a. “What I say to you in the darkness, speak in the light; do not be afraid of those who kill the body; rather be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in Gahanna.” .. He said, “Do not be afraid for all your hairs have been counted. So do not be afraid.” (It is like saying, “Be afraid of Satan but do not worry because you have power to deal with him.”)
6. Finally, I must share this information with as many as possible (as suggested in the above Scripture), even that most people know about it, but in general as a Church, we are not serious about dealing with Satan on a daily basis. In fact, I wonder if some who read this blog may be questioning so much attention on Satan… Yet, I have proof that he is a very busy guy and that we can truly stop him. Wait until I pass on to you a couple of stories…
II. Our Lady and her power over Satan, especially for these end times, as written by St. Louis Marie Grignon de Montfort
I will now share many other teachings received as the month of Our Lady, the month of May progressed, and obeying the summons written above to speak in the light…I will share some of the writings of St. Louis Marie Grignon of Monfort plus the miracles received of how his method works. I will quote St Louis extensively, especially in what has to do with Our Lady and Satan and the end times!!! I tried several times to share less of what he taught us, but the Lord kept pushing and saying, “Many will not have time to read it. Summarize it for them.”
I started reading St. Louis’ teaching in 1985, while at home after my first mayor professional persecution. I also started doing my Consecration to Our lady according to St. Louis’ format with 33 day preparation. On that year, I had even “enthroned” her in my home, under the title of Our Lady Queen of the Universe (feast August 22), which happens to be the patroness of my present Diocese. God is so funny! In fact, she appears in the screen in this computer whenever I turn it on… So, this blog is written over her image… Huh! In the 1990’s, she started doing great miracles for others when I lent them her picture and/or her statue to keep at home for a month and I have narrated those miracles before. She seems to go and visit other souls in a special way under this title. Yet, I never completed the understanding of her power against Satan until 2012… (Big ouch!)
This time around and early this year, EWTN had presented a series of programs titled “Saints Alive” and one of them was about de Montfort. I have many books in storage but I knew his book “God Alone” with a compilation of his writings was in this house. I looked it up and brought it to my working space. This was around February. During this past Lent, he came to my attention again and led me to start a Rosary Crusade on Holy Saturday, April 7, when I said 7 Rosaries asking for a sign regarding my contribution as a lay person for these very strange diabolic times. I received the sign on this Holy Saturday evening Mass and knew I had to continue but this time working against Satan with three Rosaries a day. And on Saturday, April 28, de Montfort’s feast day, I turned on EWTN and another program on St. Louis was being aired. Here I had the light from the Holy Spirit to use his writings for this blog.
It amazes me that this Saint, de Montfort, was a prophet and super evangelist. Notice how he basically describes our present times in the U.S. He also was an itinerant preacher and very persecuted. His own Bishop threw him out of the Diocese of Poitiers twice, and if he stayed, he could not celebrate Mass. Is this any different than the present times with our federal government? It is obvious that such persecution and his walking on foot in France in the XVII bringing the Gospel to many, gives us a clear picture of how Satan was after him, but how due to this huge Cross… (he wrote about being a friend of the Cross), he was able to see with the eyes of God, what Satan can do and how we can tie him up. His ideas and teaching speak volumes about the importance of the Church and the community of Saints… We are one… and today, May of 2012, here I am in the Internet passing on this treasure of Wisdom… And yes, he also wrote about Wisdom… as well. He describes JP II with great accuracy and two centuries before! And yes, JP II read him extensively. These Saints they all get together…St. Louis speaks of the Cross as essential for our lives, and St. John of Cross, one century before, wrote extensively about the Cross and of course, JP II’s great friend was also St. John of the Cross. We say in Spanish, “El Señor los crea y ellos se juntan.” In English, “God creates them and they find each other.”
True Devotion to Mary
By St. Louis de Montfort.
8….According to St. Bonaventure, all the angels in heaven unceasingly call out to her: “Holy, holy, holy Mary, Virgin Mother of God.” They greet her countless times each day with the angelic greeting, “Hail, Mary,” while prostrating themselves before her, begging her as a favor to honor them with one of her requests. According to St. Augustine, even St. Michael, though prince of all the heavenly court, is the most eager of all the angels to honor her and lead others to honor her. At all times he awaits the privilege of going at her word to the aid of one of her servants.
10. And yet in truth we must still say with the saints: De Maria nunquam satis: We have still not praised, exalted, honored, loved and served Mary adequately. She is worthy of even more praise, respect, love and service.
15. However, I declare that, considering things as they are, because God has decided to begin and accomplish His greatest works through the Blessed Virgin ever since He created her, we can safely believe that He will not change His plan in the time to come, for He is God and therefore does not change in His thoughts or His way of acting.
God the Father gave His only Son to the world only through Mary. Whatever desires the patriarchs may have cherished, whatever entreaties the prophets and saints of the Old Law may have made for 4,000 years to obtain that treasure, it was Mary alone who merited and found grace before God by the power of her prayers and the perfection of her virtues. “The World being unworthy,” said St. Augustine, “to receive the Son of God directly from the hands of the Father, He gave His Son to Mary for the world to receive Him from her.” (My note: what a great explanation as to why He came as a baby…)The Son of God became man for our salvation but only in Mary and through Mary. God the Holy Spirit formed Jesus Christ in Mary but only after having asked her consent through one of the chief ministers of His court.
19. If we examine closely the remainder of the life of Jesus Christ, we see that He chose to begin His miracles through Mary. It was by her word that He sanctified St. John the Baptist in the womb of his mother, St. Elizabeth; no sooner that Mary spoken than John was sanctified. This was His first and greatest miracle of grace. At the wedding in Cana He changed water into wine at her humble prayers, and this was His first miracle in the order of nature. He began and continued His miracles through Mary and He will continue them through her until the end of time. (Wow)
20. God the Holy Spirit, Who does not produce any divine person, became fruitful through Mary whom He espoused. It was with her, in her and of her that He produced His masterpiece, God-made-Man, and that He produces every day until the end of the world the members of the body of this adorable Head. For this reason, the more He finds Mary His dear and inseparable spouse in a soul, the more powerful and effective He becomes in producing Jesus Christ in that soul and that soul in Jesus Christ.
21. This does not mean that the Blessed Virgin confers on the Holy Spirit a fruitfulness which He does not already possess. Being God, He has the ability to produce just like the Father and the Son, although He does not use this power and so does not produce another divine person. But it does mean that the Holy Spirit chose to make use of the Blessed Lady, although He had not absolute need of her, in order to become actively fruitful in producing Jesus Christ and His members in her and by her. This is a mystery of grace unknown even to many of the most learned and spiritual of Christians.
27. Since grace enhances our human nature and glory adds a still greater perfection to grace, it is certain that our Lord remains in heaven just as much the Son of Mary as He was on earth. Consequently, He has retained the submissiveness and obedience of the most perfect of all children towards the best of all mothers.
We must take care, however, not to consider this dependence as an abasement or imperfection in Jesus Christ. For Mary, infinitely inferior to her Son, Who is God, does not command Him in the same way as an earthly mother would command her child who is beneath her. Since she is completely transformed in God by that grace and glory which transforms all the saints in Him, she does not ask or wish to do anything which is contrary to the eternal and unchangeable will of God. When therefore we read in the writings of St. Bernard, St. Bernardine, St. Bonaventure, and others that all in heaven and on earth, even God Himself, are subject to the blessed Virgin, they mean the authority which God was pleased to give her is so great that she seems to have the same power as God. Her prayers and requests are so powerful with Him that He accepts them as commands in the sense that He never resists His dear Mothers ‘prayer because it is always humble and conformed to His will.
Moses by the power of his prayer curbed God’s anger against the Israelites so effectively that the infinitely great and merciful Lord was unable to withstand him and asked Moses to let Him be angry and punish that rebellious people. How much greater, then, will be the prayer of the humble Virgin Mary, worthy Mother of God, which is more powerful with the King of heaven than the prayers and intercession of all the angels and saints in heaven and on earth.
(Note: In the middle of these quotes, I am going to repeat a story I have told several times, but this time it will be more interesting than before as to why it happened:
In recent days as I was reading this last paragraph of St. Louis de Montfort, I finally understood what happened on November of 2004. Ohio was the swing State to decide the presidential elections… and not Florida as before. I hardly paid attention to this fact… I only knew that I had been summoned to pray in my parish in front of the exposed Eucharist and only for the will of God to be done… I was told very clearly not to pray for a candidate but for God’s will. I did, and 11 Holy Hours later and 27 Rosaries did it because at 9 AM Senator Kerry was already claiming victory in Columbus, OH, judging on the exit polls, and by that afternoon President Bush had won with an ample margin that did not make a recounting necessary. I have finally understood why I had to pray for the will of God only; well simply because her prayer is always conformed to His will…)
(I remember that after some 5 hours, I wanted to quit… and of course, I believe in hindsight that the Holy Spirit was receiving SOS calls from my Mother, and then He directed many Republican voters to either come out of their homes and vote, since Kerry early in the morning already had declared a win of the Democratic party, or simply, changed the mind of many to vote for Bush or moved tired workers coming out of their jobs, to go out of their way to vote. I kept saying to her, “Pray for us sinners,” and she kept interceding and her Spouse did the work… I had prayed 1,350 Hail Mary’s… and right in front of her Son… And, I also understood one more thing: Satan was working furiously to discourage Republicans to vote… I am certain of it… and very soon you will find out why I am bringing Satan into this scenario. Yet, I had no idea what I was doing… In fact, almost 8 years later, the complete details of what happened are for the first time clear to me.)
35. When Mary has taken root in a soul, she produces in it wonders of grace which only she can produce; for she alone is the fruitful virgin who never had and never will have her equal in purity and fruitfulness. Together with the Holy Spirit Mary produced the greatest thing that ever was or ever will be: a God-man. She will consequently produce the marvels which will be seen in the latter times. The formation and education of the great saints who will come at the end of the world are reserved to her (think of Blessed J.P. II), for only this singular and wondrous virgin can produce in union with the Holy Spirit singular and wondrous things.
36. When the Holy Spirit, her Spouse, finds Mary in a soul, He hastens there and enters fully into it. He gives Himself generously to that soul according to the place it has given to His spouse. One of the main reasons why the Holy Spirit does not now work striking wonders in souls is that He fails to find in them a sufficiently close union with His faithful and inseparable spouse. I say “inseparable spouse,” for from the moment the substantial love of the Father and the Son espoused Mary to form Jesus, the head of the elect, and Jesus in the elect, He has never disowned her, for she has always been faithful and fruitful.
40. The pious and learned Jesuit, Suarez, Justus Lipsius, a devout and erudite theologian of Louvain, and many others have proved incontestably that devotion to Our Blessed Lady is necessary to attain salvation. This they show from the teaching of the Fathers, notably, St. Augustine, St. Ephrem, deacon of Edessa, St. Cyril of Jerusalem, St. Germanus of Constantinople, St. John Damascene, St. Anselm, St. Bernard, St. Bernardine, St. Thomas and St. Bonaventure. Even according to Oecolampadius and other heretics, lack of esteem and love for the Virgin Mary is an infallible sign of God’s disapproval. On the other hand, to be entirely and genuinely devout to her is a sure sign of God’s approval.
41. The types and texts of the Old and New Testaments prove the truth of this, the opinions and examples of the saints confirm it, and reason and experience teach and demonstrate it. Even the devil and his followers, forced by the evidence of the truth, were frequently obliged against their will to admit it. For brevity’s sake, I shall quote one only of the many passages which I have collected from the Fathers and Doctors of the Church to support this truth. “DEVOTION TO YOU, O BLESSED VIRGIN, is a means of salvation which God gives to those whom He wishes to save.” (St. John Damascene)
42. I could tell many stories in evidence of what I have just said. One is recorded in the chronicles of St. Francis. The saint saw in ecstasy an immense ladder reaching to heaven, at the top of which stood the Blessed Virgin. This is the ladder, he was told, by which we must all go to heaven.
There is another related to the Chronicles of St. Dominic. Near Carcassonne, where St. Dominic was preaching the Rosary, there was an unfortunate heretic who was possessed by a multitude of devils. These evil spirits to their confusion were compelled at the command of Our Lady to confess many great and consoling truths concerning devotion to her. They did this so clearly and forcibly that, however weak our devotion to Our Lady may be, we cannot read this authentic story containing such an unwilling tribute paid by the devils to devotion to Our Lady without shedding tears of joy.
43. If devotion to the Blessed Virgin is necessary for all men simply to work out their salvation, it is even more necessary for those who are called to a special perfection. I do not believe that anyone can acquire intimate union with Our Lord and perfect fidelity to the Holy Spirit without a very close union with the most Blessed Virgin and an absolute dependence on her support.
46. All the rich among the people, to use an expression of the Holy Spirit as explained to St. Bernard, all the rich among the people will look pleadingly upon your countenance throughout all the ages and particularly as the world draws to its end. This means that the greater saints, those richest in grace and virtue, will be the most assiduous in praying to the most Blessed Virgin, looking up to her as the perfect model to imitate and as a powerful helper to assist them (like Blessed JPII).
47. I said that this will happen especially towards the end of the world, and indeed soon, because Almighty God and His holy Mother are to raise up great saints who will surpass in holiness most other saints as much as the cedars of Lebanon tower above little shrubs. This has been revealed to a holy soul whose life has been written by M. de Renty. (The holy soul was Marie des Vellees, a celebrated mystic who died in 1656. Her biographer was M. de Renty and her confessor was St. John Eudes).
48. These great souls filled with grace and zeal will be chosen to oppose the enemies of God who are raging on all sides. They will be exceptionally devoted to the Blessed Virgin (e.g. Blessed John Paul II). Illumined by her light, strengthened by her food, guided by her spirit, supported by her arm, sheltered under her protection (a bullet did not kill him on the feast of Our Lady of Fatima!), they will fight with one hand and build with the other. With one hand they will give battle, overthrowing and crushing heretics and their heresies (The Iron Curtain…!), schismatic’s and their schisms, idolaters and their idolatries, sinners and their wickedness. With the other hand they will build the temple of the true Solomon and the mystical city of God, namely, the Blessed Virgin, who is called by the Father’s of the Church, the Temple of Solomon and the City of God. By word and example they will draw all men to a true devotion to her and though this will make many enemies, it will also bring about many victories and much glory to God alone. This is what God revealed to St. Vincent Ferrer, that outstanding apostle of his day, as he has amply shown in one of his works.
Our Lady’s part in the end times
49. The salvation of the world began through Mary and through her it must be accomplished. Mary scarcely appeared in the first coming of Jesus Christ so that men, as yet insufficiently instructed and enlightened concerning the person of her Son, might not wander from the truth by becoming too strongly attached to her. This would apparently have happened if she had been known, on account of the wondrous charms with which the Almighty had endowed even her outward appearance. So true is this that St. Denis the Areopagite tells us in his writings that when he saw her he would have taken her for a goddess, because of her incomparable beauty, had not his well-grounded faith taught him otherwise. But in the second coming of Jesus Christ, Mary must be known and openly revealed by the Holy Spirit so that Jesus may be known, loved and served through her. The reasons which moved the Holy Spirit to hide His spouse during her life and to reveal but very little of her since the first preaching of the gospel exist no longer.
God wishes to make Mary better known in the latter times
50. God wishes therefore to reveal Mary, His masterpiece, and make her more known in these latter times:
1) Because she kept herself hidden in this world and in her great humility considered herself lower than dust, having obtained from God, His apostles and evangelists, the favor of not being known.
2) Because, as Mary is not only God’s masterpiece of glory in heaven, but also His masterpiece of grace on earth, He wishes to be glorified and praised because of her by those living upon earth.
3) Since she is dawn which precedes and discloses the Sun of Justice, Jesus Christ, she must be known and acknowledged so that Jesus may be known and acknowledged.
4) As she was the way by which Jesus first came to us, she will again be the way by which He will come to us the second time though not in the same manner.
5) Since she is the sure means, the direct and immaculate way to Jesus and the perfect guide to Him, it is through her that souls who are to shine forth in sanctity, must find Him. He who finds Mary finds life, that is, Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth and the life. But no one can find Mary who does not look for her. No one can look for her who does not know her, for no one seeks or desires something unknown. Mary then must be better known than ever for the deeper understanding and the greater glory of the Blessed Trinity.
6) In these latter times, Mary must shine forth more than ever in mercy, power and grace. In mercy, to bring back and welcome lovingly the poor sinners and wanderers who are to be converted and return to the Catholic Church (New Evangelization); in power, to combat the enemies of God who will rise up menacingly to seduce and crush by promises and threats all those who oppose them (present U. S. mandate on contraception, abortion and same sex marriages) ; finally, she must shine forth in grace to inspire and support the valiant soldiers and loyal servants of Jesus Christ who are fighting His cause (most Christians).
7) Lastly, Mary must become as terrible as an army in battle array to the devil and his followers, especially in these latter times. For Satan, knowing that he has little time, even less now than ever – to destroy souls -, intensifies his efforts and his onslaught every day. He will not hesitate to stir up savage persecutions and set treacherous snares for Mary’s faithful servants and children whom he finds more difficult to overcome than others.
51. It is chiefly in reference to these last wicked persecutions of the devil, daily increasing until the advent of the reign of the anti-Christ, that we should understand that the first and well-known prophesy and curse of God uttered against the serpent in the garden of paradise. It is opportune to explain it here for the glory of the Blessed Virgin, the salvation of her children and the confusion of the devil. “I will place enmities between you and the woman, between your race and her race; she will crush your head and you will lie in wait for her heel.” (Gen. 3:15) (My note: this verse number should never be forgotten if we remember the great verse of John 3:15 – one only has to change the book…)
52. God has established only one enmity – but it is an irreconcilable one which will last and even go on increasing to the end of time. That enmity is between Mary, His worthy Mother, and the devil, between the children and the servants of the Blessed Virgin and the children and followers of Lucifer.
53.Thus, the most fearful enemy that God has set up against the devil is Mary, His holy Mother. From the time of the earthly paradise, although she existed then only in His mind, He gave her such a hatred for his accursed enemy, such ingenuity in exposing the wickedness of the ancient serpent and such power to defeat, overthrow and crush this proud rebel, that Satan fears her not only more than angels and men but in a certain sense more than God Himself. This does not mean that the anger and power of God are not infinitely greater that the Blessed Virgin’s, since her attributes are limited. It simply means that Satan, being so proud, suffers infinitely more in being vanquished and punished by a lowly and humble servant of God, for her humility humiliates him more than the power of God. Moreover, God has given Mary such great power over the evil spirits that, as they have often been forced unwillingly to admit through the lips of possessed persons, they fear one of her pleading for a soul more than the prayers of all the saints, and one of her threats more than all their other torments.
54. God has established not just one enmity but “enmities” and not only between Mary and Satan but between her race and his race. That is, God has put enmities, antipathies and hatreds between the true children and servants of the Blessed Virgin and the children and slaves of the devil. The children of Belial, the slaves of Satan, the friends of the world – for they are all one and the same – have always persecuted and will persecute more than ever in the future those who belong to the Blessed Virgin, just as Cain of old persecuted his brother Abel, and Esau his brother Jacob…..
But Mary’s power over the evil spirits will especially shine forth in the latter times, when Satan will lie in wait for her heel, that is, for her humble servants and her poor children whom she will rouse to fight against him.
We must conclude that devotion to Mary is especially necessary in the latter times
55. Finally, God in these times wishes His Blessed Mother to be more known, loved and honored that she has ever been. This will certainly come about if the elect, by the grace and light of the Holy Spirit, adopt the interior and perfect practice of the devotion which I shall later unfold….
56. But what will they be like, these servants, these slaves, these children of Mary?
-They will be ministers of the Lord who, like a flaming fire, will enkindle everywhere the fires of divine love. They will become, in Mary’s powerful hands, like sharp arrows, with which she will transfix her enemies.
-They will be like the children of Levi, thoroughly purified by the fire of great tribulations and closely joined to God. They will carry the gold of love in their heart, the frankincense of prayer in their mind and the myrrh of mortification in their body. They will bring to the poor and lowly everywhere the sweet fragrance of Jesus, but they will bring the odor of death to the great, the rich and the proud of this world.
57.They will be like thunder-clouds flying through the air at the slightest breath of the Holy Spirit. Attached to nothing, surprised at nothing, troubled at nothing, they will shower down the rain of God’s Word and of eternal life. They will thunder against sin, they will storm against the world, they will strike down the devil and his followers and for life and for death, they will pierce through and through with the two-edged sword of God’s Word all those against whom they are sent by the almighty God.
58. They will be true apostles of the latter times to whom the Lord of Hosts will give eloquence and strength to work wonders and carry off glorious spoils from His enemies. They will sleep without gold or silver and, more important still, without concerns in the midst of other priests, ecclesiastics and clerics. Yet they will have the silver wings of the dove enabling them to go wherever the Holy Spirit calls them, filled as they are, with the resolve to seek the glory of God and the salvation of souls. Wherever they preach, they will leave behind them nothing but the gold of love, which is the fulfillment of the whole law.
59. Lastly, we know they will be true disciples of Jesus Christ, imitating His poverty, His humility, His contempt of the world and His love. They will point out the narrow way to God in pure truth according to the holy Gospel, and not according to the maxims of the world. Their hearts will not be troubled, nor will they show favor to anyone; they will not spare or heed of fear any man, however powerful he may be. They will have the two-edged sword of the Word of God in their mouths and the blood-stained standard of the Cross on their shoulders. They will carry the crucifix in their right hand and the rosary in their left, and the holy Names of Jesus and Mary on their heart. The simplicity and self-sacrifice of Jesus will be reflected in their whole behavior.
Such are the great men who are to come. By the will of God, Mary is to prepare them to extend His rule over the impious and unbelievers. But when and how will this come about? Only God knows. For our part we must yearn and wait for it in silence and in prayer. “I have waited and waited.” Psalm 39:2.
BASIC PRINCIPLES OF DEVOTION TO MARY
(I will only enumerate them except for no. 5 where I will add some comments from St. Louis)
1. Christ must be the ultimate end of all devotions.
2. We belong to Jesus and Mary as their slaves (servants)
3. We must rid ourselves of what is evil in us.
4. It is more humble to have an intermediary with Christ
5. It is difficult to keep the graces received from God
87. (Regarding point 5 above). It is very difficult, considering our weakness and frailty, to keep the graces and treasures we have received from God.
1) We carry this treasure, which is worth more than heaven and earth, in fragile vessels, that is in a corruptible body and in a weak and wavering soul which requires very little to depress and disturb it.
2) The evil spirits, cunning thieves that they are, can take us by surprise and rob us of all we possess. They are watching day and night for the right moment.
What has brought about this unexpected reverse? Not the lack of grace, for this is not denied to anyone. It was a lack of humility; they considered themselves stronger and more self-sufficient that they really were. …… If they had only known of the wonderful devotion that I shall later explain, they would have entrusted their treasure to Mary… She would have kept it for them as if it were her own possession.
3) It is difficult to persevere in holiness because of the excessive corrupting influence of the world. The world is so corrupt that it seems almost inevitable that religious hearts be soiled, if not by its mud, at least by its dust. It is something of a miracle for anyone to stand firm in the midst of this raging torrent and not be swept away; to weather this stormy sea and not be drowned, or robbed by pirates; to breathe this pestilential air and not be contaminated by it. It is Mary, the singularly faithful Virgin over whom Satan had never any power, who works this miracle for those who truly love her.
MARKS OF FALSE AND AUTHENTIC DEVOTION TO MARY
(My note: I will only quote a few ideas from the text. Reading the book is probably a good idea.)
90. Now that we have established these five basic truths, it is all the more necessary to make the right choice of the true devotion to our Blessed Lady, for now more than ever, there are false devotions to her which can easily be mistaken for true ones. The Devil, like a counterfeiter and crafty, experienced deceiver, has already misled and ruined many Christians by means of fraudulent devotions to our Lady… A counterfeiter usually makes coins only of gold and silver, rarely of other metals, because these latter would not be worth the trouble. Similarly, the devil leaves other devotions along and counterfeits mostly those directed to Jesus and Mary, as for example, devotion to the Holy Eucharist and to the Blessed Virgin, because these are to other devotions what gold and silver are to other metals.
91. It is therefore very important, first, to recognize false devotions to our Blessed Lady so as to avoid them, and to recognize true devotion in order to practice it. Second, among so many different forms of true devotion to our Blessed Lady we should choose the one most perfect and the most pleasing to her, the one that gives greater glory to God and is most sanctifying for us.
False devotion to Our Lady
92. There are, I find, 7 kinds of false devotion to Mary…
93. Critical devotees are for the most part proud scholars, people of independent and self-satisfied minds, who deep down in their hearts have a vague sort of devotion to Mary. However, they criticize nearly all those forms of devotion to her which simple and pious people use to honor their good Mother just because such practices do not appeal to them. They question all miracles and stories which testify to the mercy and power of the Blessed Virgin….
94. Scrupulous devotees are those who imagine they are slighting the Son by honoring the Mother. They fear that by exalting Mary they are belittling Jesus…. It is a subtle snare of the evil one under the pretext of promoting a greater good. For we never give more honor to Jesus than when we honor His Mother, and we honor her simply and solely to honor Him all the more perfectly. We go to her only as a way leading to the goal we seek — Jesus, her Son.
96. Superficial devotees are people whose entire devotion to our Lady consists in exterior practices. Only the externals of devotion appeal to them because they have no interior spirit. They say many Rosaries with great haste and assist at many Masses distractedly. They take part in processions of Our Lady without inner fervor. They join her confraternities without reforming their lives or restraining their passions and imitating Mary’s virtues.
97. Presumptuous devotees are sinners who give full reign to their passions or their love of the world, and who, under the fair name of Christian and servant of Our Lady, conceal pride, avarice, drunkenness, anger, swearing, slandering, injustice and other vices…. They convince themselves that God will forgive them, that they will not die without confession, that they will not be lost for all eternity. They take all this for granted because they say the Rosary, fast on Saturdays, are enrolled in the Confraternity of the Holy Rosary or the Scapular, or a sodality of Our Lady, wear the medal or the little chain of Our lady. When you tell them that such devotion is only an illusion of the devil and a dangerous presumption which may well ruin them, they refuse to believe you.
99. I declare that such an abuse of devotion to her is a horrible sacrilege and, next to an unworthy Communion, is the greatest and the least pardonable sin, because devotion to Our Lady is the holiest and best after devotion to the Blessed Sacrament.
I admit that to be truly devoted to Our Lady, it is not absolutely necessary to be so holy as to avoid all sin, although this is desirable. But at least it is necessary – note what I am going to say- 1) To be genuinely determined to avoid at least all mortal sin, which outrages the Mother as well as the Son. 2) To practice a great self-restrain in order to avoid sin. 3) To join her confraternities, say the Rosary or other prayers, fast on Saturday’s, and so on.
101. Inconstant devotees are those whose devotion to Our Lady is practiced in fits and starts. Sometimes they are fervent and sometimes they are lukewarm. … It is better not to burden ourselves with a multitude of prayers and pious practices but rather adopt only a few and perform them with love and perseverance, in spite of opposition from the devil and the world and the flesh.
102. There is another category of false devotees of Our Lady – hypocritical ones. These hide their sins and evil habits under the mantle of the Blessed Virgin so as to appear to their fellow-men different from what they are.
103. Then there are the self interested devotees who turn to her only to win a court-case, to escape some danger, to be cured of some ailment, or have some similar need satisfied. Except when in need they never think of her. Such people are acceptable neither to God nor to His Mother.
MARKS OF AUTHENTIC DEVOTION TO OUR LADY
106. First, true devotion to Our Lady is interior, that is, it comes from within the mind and the heart and follows from the esteem in which we hold her, the high regard we have for her greatness, and the love we bear for her.
107. Second, it is trustful, that is to say, it fill us with the confidence in the Blessed Virgin, the confidence that a child has for its loving Mother. It prompts us to go to her in every need of body and soul with great simplicity, trust and affection. We implore our Mother’s help always, everywhere, and for everything. We pray to her to be enlightened in our doubts, to be put back on the right path when we go astray, to be protected when we are tempted, to be strengthened when we are weakening, to be lifted up when we fall into sin, to be encouraged when we are losing heart, to be rid of our scruples, to be consoled in the trials, crosses and disappointments of life.
708. Third, true devotion to Our Lady is holy, that is, it leads us to avoid sin and to imitate the virtues of Mary. Her ten principal virtues are: deep humility, lively faith, blind obedience, unceasing prayer, constant self-denial, surpassing purity, ardent love, heroic patience, angelic kindness, and heavenly wisdom.
709. Fourth, true devotion to Our Lady is constant. … Thus a person truly devoted to our Blessed Lady is not changeable, fretful, scrupulous or timid. We do not say however that such a person never sins or that his sensible feelings of devotion never change. When he has fallen, he stretches out his hand to his Blessed Mother and rises again.
110. Fifth, true devotion to Mary is disinterested. It inspires us to seek God alone in His Blessed Mother and not ourselves. .. He loves her as much on Calvary as at Cana.
(Note: Many more extraordinary things were written by St. Louis for a total of 273 entries, but if you wish you can read them on your own)
III. THIS MONTH, GOD TAUGHT ME WHAT OUR LADY CAN DO IN OUR PRESENT TIMES
This testimony will give you much hope, or so I hope. St. Louis de Montfort said in his book True Devotion to Mary, how powerful she is against the devil… and God proved it to me!
April 26: 9 PM – A first cousin of mine who lives in the Carolinas nearby her oldest son, called me to ask for help. Here is the story. It was too late (12 midnight) for her to disturb her married engineer son with the news, and someone who does not speak Spanish. That evening she had received a disturbing call from Costa Rica. My cousin lost his mother to cancer in 1975 and her father remarried a very good woman, a teacher, but he died in 2006. My cousin received the home in Costa Rica as an inheritance where her dad and stepmother lived, but he asked to allow his second wife to live there for the time being. Since then, a nephew of hers had started to push my cousin to sign papers assuring his aunt that the home could not be sold until 2017. This was finally done in 2007. In the mean time, this widow teacher started to suffer dementia and this nephew even wanted my cousin to pay for a nursing home, which she could not do anyway. He also wanted to buy the house. In all these years (5), I knew of this man to be a very demanding, difficult and prone to anger with my cousin in this matter.
On this date, he called my cousin to announce that his aunt and her stepmother would be taken to his home on Monday April 30, but warned her that she could not touch the house until 2017, and to call his lawyer to be assured that it was legally so. Many questions came from my cousin during the phone call to me, and one was who would protect the house from being vandalized; who would be responsible for the property taxes, etc. I realized that this behavior from this man was Satanic in nature. I promised my cousin that he would be by name brought to my Mother in these three Rosaries against Satan that I pray daily… until this would be resolved. My cousin is very religious; as a young woman tried to become a nun and now is married to a permanent Deacon.
April 27. I kept in contact with my cousin by phone (she has not computer literacy) and she asked her lady lawyer in Costa Rica to talk to the nephew’s lawyer. Her lawyer answered in Spanish via my cousin’s son email (A little confusing? Well, I was kind of hired to be the translator for my cousin’s son of any messages from her Costa Rican lawyer who does not speak English)… which was forwarded to me for translation. On this day, the lawyer said that she would contact the nephew’s lawyer on Monday April 30.
May 2. My cousin’s lawyer wrote that the nephew had given up all rights to the house on behalf of his aunt and was willing to annul the contract that dictated waiting until 2017. THERE IS NO QUESTION IN MY MIND THAT OUR LADY did it… This poor man had been tempted for 5 years to fight for this home and in short 5 days, the Iron Curtain fell down and he never retracted his decision of letting it go. The keys were given to our lawyer and she has visited the house.
In the mean time, I became a friend of this Costa Rican lawyer. Since we had to procure her with permission to obtain the keys and also process with the Atlanta, GA Costa Rican Consulate a power of attorney for her to sell the house, I had to start translating back and forth and lo and behold, we started exchanging our faith… and we became friends. I must share with you one of her emails (translated) so to prove to you how God can engage us in Evangelization efforts even when we have no idea about it…
Her note to me: “I must tell you that I also have great love for the Virgin Mary, I am Catholic although not a fanatic, but yes, I ask God every day to have more faith in Him. He also has done amazing miracles, and have testimonies of them which I will pass one day on to you … Every day that passes by, I realize that God holds me from His hand day by day, and that the answers to my petitions He gives them to me in different forms. I have learned to interpret these forms that He utilizes to communicate with me. My professional relationship with your cousin and the latest events confirm it to me.
"We do not have to look for a road to God; God is the way and we only have to walk in it. I am very happy to know you and hope to meet you personally. This email I will send to my brother who suffers from Diabetes type II and also to others that I may meet. I would love to continue to have contact with you and to be able to read the book that deals with the cure for this illness (She refers to Dr. Hyman’s book, The Blood Sugar Solution). Let God keep blessing you. A hug."
O.K. Are you convinced of the power of a Son through His Mom to dispel demons? And of course, this sign gave me courage like never before to say, “Three Rosaries a day keep the Devil away.” However, after reading St. Louis’ teaching, I want to emphasize that saying Rosaries per se have no magic to stop Satan. We have learned through this saint hat those Rosaries must be said with true devotion to the Mother of God, and de Montfort is clear about it. I have nothing to add. And true devotion must be practiced within the context of living the Gospel the best we can. The Holy Spirit works on our behalf but with the whole package in order: our serious “yes” to the will of God, most especially our crosses, in order to show Him how much we love Him, and love of our brothers and sisters at all cost, while we get rid of the extra baggage of our egotism and self will. Said differently: we must practice what Our Lady practiced so well, her “yes,” while at the same time developing a personal relationship with her as our own mother.
Sunday, May 6.
3 PM. There was much talk in our media outlets about the anniversary of the death of Usama bin Laden. It made me recollect the evil going on where Satan reigns and calls many to kill others in the name of their God. In the mean time, stadiums are filled with thousands who watch a ball move in route to a basket, and scream, “Defense, defense”, but what it is worse is that the annihilation of the opponent is becoming a practice in all sports… Locally in my own city, a high school coach was practicing this “bounty” or payment to players to hurt others. VIOLENCE is present in many more ways than in the times of Ghandi and Martin Luther King. All of this brought me a sense of urgency to live a life that allows me to go and tell others about Him… I remembered the words of St. John of the Cross’ spirituality which I summarized in 2006 and shared in these blogs sometime in the past… But I will share them again:
I shall go by the way I enjoy not.
I shall go by the way I know not.
I shall go by the way I possess not.
I shall go by the way I pray much.
I shall go by the way I suffer much.
I shall go by the way I love much.
I shall go by the way I forgive much.
I shall go by the way I forget much. (The sin of those who have hurt me)
I shall go by the way of the cross.
During this 3 PM hour, after the perception of so much evil I called the Holy Spirit, and I received the following Scripture:
John 21. – Summarizing, Jesus knew that His disciples were fishing and had caught nothing. So, He told them to fish in the right side of the boat (sounds soo crazy… as if the fish would come just to one side of the boat… but they did) and this time 153 fish came to their net…and the net did not break… Jesus had a fire ready in order to cook the fish and feed them breakfast.
It was so clear to me that this God Jesus is too much! He was in charge of every detail and even of the fish of the sea… so that He could love his disciples to pieces. Is He doing the same today? Of course, yes… and my story of how He bound Satan in just 5 days through the intercession of His Mom in the city of San Jose, Costa Rica, is proof of it. We simply have to do whatever He tells us, and if it is something as irrational as to fish in the other side of a boat, well, this the way that He will use to show us His crazy love.
The same page but in the Old Testament was about Deuteronomy 3. Moses was speaking to the Israelites about how the Lord had won many battles for them since the exodus.
Verse 21: It was then that I instructed Joshua, “Your eyes have seen all that the Lord, your God, has done to both these kings; so, too, will the Lord do to all the kingdoms (Satan?), which you will encounter over there. 22. Fear them not, for the Lord, your God, will fight for you.” 23. It was then that I besought the Lord. 25. Let me cross over and see this good land beyond the Jordan… 26. But the Lord was angry with me on your account and would not hear me. “Enough!” the Lord said to me!
Well, here again we have a reference to the importance of truly believing that He is in charge of us and we only have to believe it because we have had so many stories in our own lives that serve as prove of this protective love He has for us.
God was not done this day and He kept teaching me so many things. He took me to Luke Chapter 9. And there I saw something new. He sends His disciples in pairs to proclaim the Kingdom (evangelization) but with nothing for the journey, like a walking stick, or sack or food or money or a second tunic … And with an explanation of what to do in case they were persecuted or not received well… He also gave them power to heal the sick.
I remembered the story I have told in these blogs before, when I had been sent in a similar way on May 4th, 1989. I was told at a Marriott Hotel in Houston, TX that I would receive offer for jobs for my husband and me and to accept them. I did not need a job…. I was making good money in the area of South Bend… At this hotel, I was led to Joshua 4 in the Gideon’s Bible and He said to me, “Like Joshua, you will cross the Jordan River and will not get wet.” Sure enough, the day I came back (May 7) to Indiana from this medical meeting, the offers came in from Cleveland, and yes, we moved, although it sounded totally crazy since we had just bought a home in the area of South Bend! And moving in those days meant to look for another home and for schools for the younger two boys.
But notice in this chapter 9 of St. Luke, that they came back after a successful journey of evangelization and the crowds gathered and followed them. 12. As the day was drawing to a close, the Twelve approached Jesus and said, “Dismiss the crowd so that they can go to the surrounding villages and farms and find lodging and provisions; for we are in a deserted place here.”
Then Jesus tells them to feed them themselves, but they replied that they had only five loaves and two fish… THAT IS A PICTURE OF US right now… These men had been sent with strict orders not to carry money, food, second tunic, etc. and they did and they must have had everything for the journey, because they came back only to tell of the success where even evil spirits were subject to them. Yet, when they came back, it never registered that God/Jesus could supply them with the same miracles… They were failing to understand the power of Jesus. They had a good outing but remained clueless. I truly believe that we have the same hardened hearts of these men. We worry about what to do and what others do to us and fail to remember that we need no money, no food, no second tunic but faith that in Him all things are possible, while we go to take the Gospel to everyone and with power over evil spirits…
Well, suddenly I understood so much more. The story continues with the first prediction of the Passion and then, Jesus tells them how to become His disciples… It sounds like they were not yet “true” disciples themselves, and denial of self and embracing of their crosses to the point of laying their lives for others on their own accord, as Jesus was already predicting He would do, was not part of their agenda. There was overt spiritual blindness. I understood how we have to practice the definition of discipleship in order to truly be able to believe that He is in charge and that we lack nothing… no matter what our crosses are made of; no matter what the call is; no matter how “crazy” it looks to us and others.
In Luke 10, they went again to proclaim the Gospel and came back saying that even the demons were subject to them because of His Name… and Jesus told them how He had seen Satan fall like lightning from the sky…!!! He added in verse 19, “Behold, I have given you the power to tread upon serpents and scorpions and upon the full force of the enemy and nothing will harm you.” There you have it: He said it, and yes we can torpedo all evil everywhere.
This Sunday May 6th was full of teachings as I kept saying my three Rosaries/day. YET, this part of the story I LEFT IT FOR THE END: the whole day I was under severe oppression and you know that under oppression, I cannot understand how I will proceed to help Him in proclaiming the Gospel… By 8:10 PM, still wondering why was I under this cloud of Satan, He sent me to page 175 of the Old Testament. There, Moses tells the Israelites not to be afraid:
Deuteronomy 1: 21 (similar to Deuteronomy 3) – The Lord your God has given this land over to you. Go up and occupy it, as the Lord, the God of your fathers commands you. Do not fear or lose heart. (The Israelites wanted to send people to check the land before proceeding to occupy it). 29. But I said to you, “Have no dread or fear them. 30. The Lord, your God, Who goes before you, will Himself fight for you, just as He took your part before your very eyes in Egypt, 31 as well as in the desert, where you saw how the Lord, your God, carried you, as a man carries his child, all along the journey until you arrived at this place. 32. Despite this, you would not trust the Lord, your God, 33 Who journeys before you to find you a resting place …
At 8:20 PM I understood that these oppressions allowed by God are very important in order for my training and purification of my “yes” to His will. He wants to show me that I am not alone. Many before me made the same mistake, and became discouraged when they learned that the occupiers of the Promised Land were giants… Do I do the same? Of course I do, and more often than not, forgetting how He has carried me like a father who carries his baby… and with huge miracles and blessings… And suddenly, the oppression was gone… God had allowed Satan to tempt me with thinking too much about myself (zero self denial), detesting the cross of how to go and tell others about the Gospel and how to tie Satan up, and worse, under these feelings I showed little desire to follow Jesus to Calvary. It was like a dark night of the soul that became light with His Word. I started thinking if the Israelites became so distraught and fearful because Satan was around all this time…
I then thought the following: how many times, many of us and I include ministerial priests, feel so down and oppressed, and all along Satan is doing it and we do not fight back with the hope of the Resurrection and bringing our Mother to the ring to step on the serpent’s head, because we do not even think of Satan… Why can we as a Church teach this and often? I had an image of the process that suddenly appeared in my mind: – there was a boxing ring and a serpent is after me to inject its venom into my body. I ask for help to my trainer and my Mother jumps inside the ring and steps over the serpent, and I smile because I have a Mom who loves me so much! I started laughing!
Monday May 7th
EWTN presented their program Saints Alive, and this time was on St. Gemma Galgani, as she shared how Our Lady had help her with Satan who came to bother her often!!!
I had more teachings today regarding Our Lady and Satan. Of course, forever Satan has been furious with me and doing as much damage as possible, leading people to persecute me without any valid reason so that I can start resenting. Then I realized that when the Lord brought me to the Charismatic Movement, the ecclesial movement that brought a new Pentecost to our Church, Satan had been around and doing his thing. Here is some history:
1902. The Pentecostal Church was born in southern California and from there spread to many other Protestant churches.
1917: Our Mother came to Fatima to warn us about Communism, a movement based on diabolic ideas. She showed the children hell… Satan was clearly spoken of. Saying the Rosary and fasting were important things to do against him! Shortly after, in some countries, people would lose the right of freedom of speech and of conscience. (Hmm)
1962-1965 Vatican II becomes a superb teaching for us Catholics while Blessed Pope John XXIII prayed for a new Pentecost.
1967. The Catholic Charismatic Movement comes to life in Pennsylvania as given to us by the Protestant Church, and spreads to different cities and large communities were formed only to evanesce in the large numbers that were present in the 1970’s.
1977. I became “baptized” in the Holy Spirit on May 19 (recent anniversary). I found myself among 500 people in a prayer group of three in the same city in Michigan, and was told never to mention the Virgin Mary or the Eucharist in these gatherings because since we had been helped by the Protestant Church, we had to be ecumenical.
On this May 7th, 2012, I suddenly realized that I could have lost my Mother altogether and my love for the Eucharist. These were good people, sincere, seeking Jesus through the Holy Spirit but to me, now, it sounds that Satan was there tempting everyone to show indifference to two of the main arteries of the Church: the Eucharistic Jesus and His Mom. In other words, as soon as the Holy Spirit came in a new Pentecost for those days, Satan sensed trouble and took away the Spirits’ spouse and the Son of God as present on this earth from these gatherings. I sensed that Satan used this time to confuse us, divide us, and it all looked soo good… I personally did not think too much about placing Our Lady in the background. We had huge gatherings at the University of Notre Dame, with thousands attending this yearly event. Yet, we did not have scheduled rosaries prayed within her own University, although we did have Masses… In time, these conferences disappeared.
1970’s: many of us started to live a horrific time in the Church. Vatican II became misinterpreted by many as if by magic. Many Priests left. Many nuns did away with the habit. Yoga and Zen became mixed with our Faith. Churches placed the Tabernacle on the side, or worse, behind some place but not in the main Sanctuary. Statues of Our Lady were gone. The Bible became a hit but I was told that I could not be saved unless my husband would become a practicing Catholic again… because St. Paul said so. In hindsight, this was a well planned word of Satan after the Council which came with the call of the Holy Spirit. No one has told me what happened but I lived it, and never understood it well until now.
June 25, 1981. Our Mother came to Medjugorje. She is still coming and please remember that such apparitions are not yet validated by the Catholic Church. I was there four times and I believe she does appear. I wonder if what appear to be her true apparitions for 30 years with so many praying the Rosaries and meeting in her name, has been God’s way of annihilating the evil one, and sure enough, our ministerial Priesthood and Consecrated Women religious are coming back with vigor and holiness.
O.K. Can you see the picture? The moment Blessed John XXIII invoked the Holy Spirit and asked for a brand new Pentecost for the Church, Satan started working against our Pentecost in the Catholic Church in the United States. The writings of St. Louis de Montfort have now convinced me that we need both of them for the New Evangelization to happen and succeed, especially because it looks that we are nearing the end times so similar to what were described by Jesus Himself. So, on the one hand, we must call the Spirit of God and work in our own self new evangelization to prepare to serve in telling others about the Gospel. In the other hand, we must be totally sure that Satan is roaming and doing what he has done forever: confusing, dividing, lying, giving fear, etc. So, we must go to our Mother and ask for her help in keeping Satan tied up in a closet. And again, this going to Our Lady must be accompanied with a true devotion to her…
HERE IS A GREAT STORY: Speaking about Medjugorje, this God is so merciful that precisely this month I received the following story in my email… Notice how she is a powerful agent of evangelization…
Source from "Children of Medjugorje”
May 2012 Newsletter
From Sister Emmanuel:
Last April 27, a man attended the Mass in French at noon: Jean, 35, from the Island of La Reunion (Indian Ocean). The evening before, he had given his testimony of conversion to his group of pilgrims, and everyone was overwhelmed by it. It needs to be said that, after having killed a man, Jean had just gotten out of prison. Here is the story:
Although he was of catholic origin, Jean had stopped practicing his religion at 14. Then he got into drugs, alcohol, hanging around bad company. He lived with his companion, Jessica. In 2003, in the course of a violent dispute with Gilbert, he felt threatened and hit him a little too hard… Gilbert died instantly. Jean was condemned to 12 years of prison.
His girlfriend Jessica went to Medjugorje in 2008, and she had a major conversion. Upon her return, she taught Jean – still in prison – how to pray the Rosary. During his years of detention, Jean held onto praying the Rosary, though it was not always easy for him. But he carried on and realized that "it cured him of heart pains and head pains", as he said. He became a diligent reader of the Bible. Later, another person talked to him about the Rosary and about Medjugorje.
He came out of prison on Good Friday, April 6, 2012, and his first step was to go to confession after 17 years away from the Church. Then he asked for a Mass for the repose of Gilbert’s soul. His deepest wish was to go to Medjugorje. A generous person offered him the trip and, on April 27, Jean was with us at the French Mass. Only the pilgrims in his group knew him and his background.
That day, the celebrant did something I’ve never seen: during the homily, he called Jean to the pulpit and asked him to illustrate by his own witness the story of the conversion of Paul, who was struck blind, was healed of his blindness, and followed Christ. Jean delivered a few simple words and went back to his seat. Then the most unheard-of thing happened: in this small chapel, thousands of miles from the Island of La Reunion, that very same day, that same hour, were present the relatives of Gilbert, the man whom Jean had killed! Seeing Jean in front of the microphone, they couldn’t help but recognize him! Imagine the shock!
That day, once again, Heaven opened up in Medjugorje, because after the Mass, they fell into each other’s arms and reconciled. They were weeping tears of joy, full with the emotion of having known Jesus and Mary. If I had not been present at that Mass, I would not have believed this story! (End of report)
There is so much urgency in doing something about Satan. On this date I learned that 49 mutilated bodies were found near Monterrey, MX. In prior months of March and April, 18 bodies were found in Guadalajara, 23 in Nuevo Laredo, 12 in Lorazo (? name of city), and that many in the drug cartel in Mexico belong to the Devil Worship Church…!!!
It is not easy to say three extra Rosaries/with Chaplets of Mercy per day, because it is easy to fall asleep. So, again, the Holy Spirit came to teach me something that has helped a lot. I am using now my brain and wring it with a special imagery to say the Hail Mary when I am sleepy.
Scenario: I imagine being in this Church and the Holy Trinity is up in front of me. They are not in a picture. They are real but look like we see them depicted in a painting. Just below is Our Lady Queen of the Universe (of course, any other title can be used). At the bottom and just outside of the altar area, three beings are present. The Archangel Gabriel, St. Elizabeth (Our Lady’s cousin) and me. As I start praying, I look at my Father for the Our Father. Then, I hear the Archangel Gabriel saying, “Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee.” St. Elizabeth follows and says, “Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus (even that she did not name Jesus in Luke 1). Then, I say, “Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.”
At the time of the Glory Be I go back to the Three Persons and direct my prayer to them.
It has been a hit for me. When I say the Rosary with Mother Angelica, well, it is the easiest because she prays slowly, and I can truly have time to visualize each member of the group saying the part that belongs to him or her. These Rosaries come to be truly well prayed with minimal distractions and great satisfaction, since my brain thinks that it is truly happening… Remember the story/science of cutting a lemon in images. We salivate because the brain thinks it is true! And of course, I am re-wiring my brain, and in the future, every time I say the Rosary I will automatically pray it this way. I wonder if this re-wiring may lead to a more intimate relationship with my Mother!
IV. FINAL SUMMARY
This part will be super short because as it is, this blog turned out to be long!
1. There is no question that the New Evangelization can truly be impeded by Satan in whatever ways. I have presented enough reasons for us to be alert and do what we have to do to stop him from obstructing the path of 77% of our Catholics back to the Church, while at the same time asking the Holy Spirit to visit us with a new Pentecost but under the surveillance of Our Lady and the Rosary. Yet, we must understand the importance of our own daily conversion to truly become disciples of Jesus, and this requires from us to embrace our crosses (really doing it) and working on our own egos … At the same time, calling God and His mercy to supervise our own conversion is key to the plan (Chaplet of Mercy).
To this end and to remind me what I must do, when I say the Rosaries, I offer them as follows:
1) I offer with this Rosary my present crosses with my “yes” to them and I give them to my Mother to take to the Throne of Mercy with her intercession. (This to be a good friend of the Cross as St. Louis proposes and to follow Jesus to Calvary)
2) I also present my “yes” to the will of God in all things and offer the Rosary to Our Lady to protect me from Satan, so that I can do whatever He tells me, and this yes is offered to give glory to God and to save souls.
3) I offer this Rosary to obtain the merits to comply with all the Commandments, and with total trust that as in the times of Moses, the Lord, my God will be ahead of me, fighting for me and winning all my spiritual battles, especially against Satan.
2. The other major areas that Satan has reigned and tried to destroy are: the family unit, marriage as we know it between a man and a woman, and the ministerial Priesthood. The latter group is the heart of the Church and for the Church to be taken seriously by many who are away from her, we need men who do not have to be necessarily holy, but yet, not abusing children. Yes, the percentage is small compared to other groups of society; however, we cannot afford one priest who is part of this heinous kind of behavior, and worse, we cannot afford one more cover up. Some of us must help our Priests in general by working against Satan.
Psychologists will never produce holy families and Priests. This is a battle with the evil spirits that we can put an end to it… Two new priests are going to be ordained very soon for EWTN, and I will be in their town by pure coincidence. I will be attending Mass in the nearest parish to where I will stay on that day and truly pleading to God to bless these men with much holiness. They will speak to millions of people in the world, and it is so important that they grow into sainthood right in front of the eyes of the entire planet. But some of us have to be next to the ministerial Priesthood calling our Mother to protect them.
3. Prayer is one of our weakest areas and again, Satan must be behind it. St. Louis de Montfort makes some points regarding a false devotion to the Virgin Mary, which could be applied to other devotions. We can pray and yet not truly do it for the love of God. Repeating words or reading words could amount to “reading” a text or passing the beads just as a routine and not making these moments as acts of communication with God. Yet, we as humans, even with great teaching and preaching and all kind of ministries probably could not change the dissipation of our prayer life. We need spiritual soldiers to deal with the evil one.
4. Total acceptance not to be in the state of grace and yet receive Holy Communion at the same time, is one of the greatest success stories for Satan. The Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist has become a joke for many, and Satan has contributed along with the world ideas, to desensitize many from what sin is all about, most especially this grievous sin. Secularism has a father: Satan.
So, in summary, we cannot evangelize a world that is under heavy artillery from Satan. The times of Lepanto are here again. Let’s get serious about it and do something… True devotion to Our Lady and a new Pentecost must go hand in hand. They made a Baby who saved us… They will prepare the Church for the end times.
May you have a glorious Feast of Pentecost.
Come Holy Spirit, come by the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Your well beloved spouse.
BE NOT AFRAID. (Bob Dufford)
You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst. You shall wander far in safety though you do not know the way. You shall speak your words in foreign lands and all will understand. You shall see the face of God and live.
Be not afraid. I go before you always. Come follow Me, and I will give you rest.
If you pass through raging waters in the sea, you shall not drown. If you walk amid the burning flames, you shall not be harmed. If you stand before the power of hell and death is at your side, know that I am with you through it all.
P. S. And by the way, my memory is better and better and yes, as the song says, He was with me all along…